Whenever a user encounters a company file error, it usually receives the following warning message that states, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem”. The same is the case with QuickBooks error 6177. The technical glitch happens to take place when a user tries to open or function its company file but cannot. In this informative blog, we are going to look into the issue and discuss it in detail. The article, in particular, focuses on the factors that affect the error and the ways through which it can be removed completely.
Our QuickBooks assistance team is available all the time. So, if you need any help to fix the QuickBooks error message 6177, speak to them through 1.855.738.2891.
Top Reasons That Triggers the QuickBooks Error Code 6177
If you want to know what exactly causes the issue, read out the following-
- There must have been some issue with your data file.
- Secondly, you might not have updated your version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
Recommended to read :QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File
Two Processes to Completely Overcome the Error Message 6177 in QuickBooks Desktop
Follow some simple steps that are mentioned further to resolve the error-
SOLUTION 1: Check For the Updates and Download Your QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
- Close the QB application and then move forward with the update process.
- In the ‘Search’ bar of the Windows ‘Start’ menu, type QuickBooks and right-click on its icon once located.
- After right-clicking, you will see a ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Click on it and open the No Company Open window.
- Tap on the ‘Help’ menu to choose the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- After that, move on to the ‘Options’ tab.
- Under the ‘Options’ tab, click ‘Mark All’ and ‘Save’ to save the made changes.
- On the ‘Update Now’ tab, checkmark ‘Reset Update’, and to download the updates, tap ‘Get Updates’.
- In the next step, you are required to exit and restart your QuickBooks.
- After you open it, install the updates.
- Finally, once successfully installed, start your computer device again.
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool After Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- In the very beginning, you must download the current version of the QuickBooks Too Hub available.
- After you have completed the download process, save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and then proceed with its installation procedure.
- Read all the prompted instructions and follow them accordingly. In addition, you require to checkmark the appropriate checkboxes for accepting the terms and conditions.
- After installing the program, launch it in order to use the File Doctor tool.
- In the following window, move to the ‘Company File Issues’ tab and tap on the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ button.
- Next, you must go to the drop-down menu and opt for the company file.
- Now, hit the ‘Check Your File’ option and ‘Continue’.
- At last, click ‘Next’ after providing the QB admin password.
We suppose the article must have helped you rectify the QuickBooks error 6177. In case you still have any doubts while performing the given solutions, reach out to one of our professionals at 1.855.738.2891.