The QuickBooks error 557 is concerned with the payroll service. Whenever it gets displayed on your screen, you see a warning message saying, “[Error 557], QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. You face this specific problem when trying to update the payroll tax table or when making some edits in the payroll setting. Let us look at this matter in more detail and learn two efficient methods to debug it thoroughly.
Do you not know how to deal with the QuickBooks payroll error 557? Get in touch with our technical assistance team for instant help through Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
What Provokes the Payroll Update Error Code 557 in QuickBooks Application?
If you want to gather info on the reasons that trigger the issue, then refer to the following enlisted points-
- You might not have registered your QuickBooks again because of which the error interrupts.
- Another cause could be that your QuickBooks Desktop has not been reactivated after its subscription expired.
You may read also : Chase QuickBooks Download Problem
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 557 Using Two Simple Methods?
Have a look at the following methods to learn the quickest and apt ways of debugging the issue-
SOLUTION 1: Remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml File to Re-register the QuickBooks Desktop
- To go to the following folder- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8, you must first open Windows Explorer.
- Open it by hitting the ‘Windows + E’ keys on your keyboard.
- Once the folder opens, locate the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ecml’ file, and after you find it, right-click on it.
- Further, tap on the ‘Delete’ option and then ‘Yes’ to confirm the deletion of the file.
- Now, you must provide the required registration info after starting the QuickBooks program.
- Finally, you are ready to update the payroll tax table. In case you have not downloaded the latest updates of the version of QuickBooks you are using, then first update it and then the payroll service.
SOLUTION 2: Renew the QuickBooks Desktop Subscription
- At first, move to the CAMPs page to sign in to your QuickBooks account.
- On the ‘Manage your QuickBooks’ page, choose the service you require to renew.
- Further, from the ‘Products & Services’ field, directly shift to the ‘Payroll Subscription’ tab.
- After you go to the payroll subscription tab, you will be able to see its status.
- If the status displays as ‘Canceled’, you must immediately click on the ‘Resubscribe’ option.
- In the next step, check and confirm the info.
- Validate the details in the ‘Reactivate Subscription’ section and tap on the ‘Save and Continue’ button.
- After you confirm the subscription and billing details, tap ‘Reactivate’, and after it completes, click ‘Got it!’.
- Again, open the QuickBooks Desktop to download the payroll updates.
We suppose by now, you must have resolved the QuickBooks error 557 with the help of the content we have provided here. So, even though our certified experts have experimented with the solutions, if it still appears, immediately connect with one of the professionals by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
You may read also : How to Successfully Rectify QuickBooks Error 6177