Off-Highway Electric Vehicles Market Overview
Electric vehicles that are intended to carry out off-road activities are known as off-highway electric vehicles. This includes the expanding use of the same in infrastructure development, agriculture, and other fields. The off-highway electric vehicles market will reach $97,754.1 million in sales by 2030 from $16,908.6 million in 2021, mostly as a result of the growing demand for machines with minimal noise and no emissions.
Electric vehicles are quiet, making them perfect for use in densely populated locations, especially for projects needing after-hours work or in residential areas. As a result, excavating or transporting debris from a house, a school, or a hospital is made simpler.
Off-Highway Electric Vehicles Market Size
For example, an electric loader or an electric compact excavator may now dig or carry material indoors without damaging enclosed spaces or significantly disrupting operations when it previously required numerous employees with smaller electric instruments.
In past, about 46% of the income share came from building applications. the employs machinery like electric loaders and excavators. Global residential development is being fueled by accelerating urbanization and the rising demand for homes.
Electric equipment may also be utilized indoors with ease since, unlike ICE vehicles, they do not create a ventilation issue. Electrically driven construction equipment currently offers zero-emission and low noise levels, which are advantageous for indoor applications.
Off-Highway Electric Vehicles Market Share
Off-highway vehicles, notably those utilized in the infrastructure sector, have been electrifying at a faster rate. This is a result of the required technologies being more developed and reasonably priced as a result of their use and development in on-road cars. Several significant OEMs already provide a range of electric vehicles for use in agriculture, mining, and construction.
For example, The L25 electric compact wheel loader and ECR25 electric compact excavator are only two examples of the electric small machinery available from AB Volvo. The ECR25’s batteries and electric motor work together to power the hydraulics, allowing it to operate continuously for a whole 8-hour workday on a single battery charge.
Off-Highway Electric Vehicles Market Trends
In history, with a volume share of more than 36%, the HEV category held the largest share in the off-highway electric vehicles market. These cars combine an internal combustion engine with an electric powertrain to improve the utilization of the internal combustion engine. The need for hybrid-propulsion off-highway devices is rising, which is encouraging manufacturers to create more environmentally friendly off-road vehicles.
The foundation of economic progress is infrastructure. GHG emissions from several types of construction machinery are significant and travel great distances. Making matters worse, several activities including clearing land, demolishing buildings, burning trash, and handling harmful chemicals all add to air pollution.
As per the WHO, air pollution causes approximately 7 million deaths worldwide each year. As a result, the sale of gas and diesel cars will be prohibited in Ireland, Norway, and the Netherlands by 2030. Several more nations will enact or attempt to enact such laws during the course of the following 20 years.
Countries will eventually restrict the sale of heavy equipment with diesel engines since these activities account for 11% of the energy-related carbon emissions worldwide. All-electric heavy machinery has advantages including less noise, fewer pollutants, shorter maintenance times, and cheaper total ownership costs. Long-term exposure to loud noises can also result in temporary tinnitus or permanent hearing loss.
This study covers
- Major factors driving the market and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Market restraints and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Recent trends and evolving opportunities for the market participants
- Historical and the present size of the market segments and understand their comparative future potential
- Potential of on-demand logistics services, so the market players make informed decisions on the sales of their offerings
- Competitive scenario of various market segments across key countries in several regions for uncovering market opportunities for the stakeholders
- Major players operating in the market and their service offerings
The research offers market size of the global off-highway electric vehicles market for the period 2015–2030.
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
Energy Storage Type
- Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
Energy Storage Capacity
- <50 kWh
- 50–200 kWh
- >200 kWh
- <50 hp
- 50–150 hp
- 150–300 hp
- >300 hp
- North America Electric Off-Highway Vehicles Market
- U.S. and Canada
- Europe Electric Off-Highway Vehicles Market
- Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, and Rest of Europe
- Asia-Pacific (APAC) Electric Off-Highway Vehicles Market
- Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and Rest of APAC
- Latin America (LATAM) Electric Off-Highway Vehicles Market
- Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of LATAM
- Middle East and Africa (MEA) Electric Off-Highway Vehicles Market
- Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Rest of MEA