Everybody likes to work in a clean and tidy environment. But it is sad to see that most offices are often cluttered and dirty during most of the day. The issue is not only about aesthetics and impressions but also about health and hygiene. So, don’t you think professional janitorial services are a must for an office space?! But, if you are a new business and trying to act budget-friendly, you have to go the DIY way! Overwhelmed, are you? Don’t be! We are ready with the tips!
How to make your office look prim and pristine via DIY techniques?
The healthcare experts and human rights heads recommend hiring the best companies in commercial cleaning in Bristol like Gogo Cleaning for everyone’s safety and health. They guarantee you the most efficient services with the best-trained experts and the latest equipment. If they do their task well, your workplace isn’t just hygienic and tidy but also looks presentable and welcoming all the time. However, if you don’t have round the clock cleaners, follow these suggestions:
- Never eat at your desk –We know you are often busy and don’t have time to rush to the canteen. Sipping your coffee at the desk is ok, but don’t have your meal here. You will spill food and liquid on the table that can create patches and stains that make your office look untidy and dirty. If you must eat at this place, spread a napkin or tissue on the table and then enjoy your meal.
- Tidy up your desk after your work – First of all, never pile up extra files and papers on your desk. Take them one at a time and keep dealing with them systematically. Also, once you finish your work, clear the table daily. It will keep your desk clean and tidy, and the high piled mess won’t give you headaches and stress. Regular organizing also prevents the accumulation of dust and dirt.
- Empty your trash can regularly – An overfilled trash can be everything you don’t want in your office. It not only makes the area look dirty but is a warehouse of germs and infections too. Make it a point to empty it whenever it is overflowing.
- Don’t throw solid or liquid anywhere in your office – Not just your cabin, but the entire office is your responsibility. So, don’t throw waste or anything in the corridor, front yard, or even in the lounge area. If all of you follow this thumb rule, your joint effort can make your office stay presentable and welcoming.
- Convince your boss to invest in automatic Cleaning machines–If your boss or manager cannot support janitorial services round the clock, you can convince them to invest in automatic cleaning machines. There are a lot of such advanced cleaners which keep your floors tidy and disinfect them as well. Then there are vacuum cleaners that require minor maintenance, and a single person can even clean the furnishings and furniture. Both of these machines tend to make your office look prim and pristine.
- Use Civic Sense while using the Washroom – Washrooms that are not dry and tidy are eyesores and germ breeders. Install exhaust fans, automatic air fresheners, hand drying machines—stock up on tissues and toilet papers. Remember to wipe the basins and toilet dry each time you use them. Ensure that you leave behind no nuisance before you walk out of the washroom door after using it.
Apart from all these steps, make sure that whenever the occasional cleaners enter your office, guide them to thoroughly clean the washrooms, corridors, front, and backyard (along with the rest of the space). After maintaining this essential cleanliness and hygiene, you should keep bottles of sanitisers at regular intervals and even use air fresheners to make your office smell fresh and pleasant.