Users have complained about running into error 1712 when installing QuickBooks or updating it. It is generally caused because of problems with your operating system or corruption of your windows file. A damaged Microsoft component is also one reason for this error.
Are you facing problems because of QuickBooks Error 1712 ? Reach out to an expert at +1(855)-856-0053, and they will fix it for you.
Causes for QuickBooks Install Error 1712
The reasons for QuickBooks install error 1712 involve problems with your QB application and operating system. Let’s look at the complete list of reasons for this error:-
- You already have a version of QB on your device, and it is interfering with the installation of another version.
- There was a problem with your Windows registry.
- The Windows profile you are logged in to does not have administrative permissions.
- You are using outdated windows.
Resolve Error 1712 When Installing QuickBooks
There are 3 different methods to fix error 1712 when installing QuickBooks. It involves using a Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, running Quick Fix my Program and updating Windows operating system. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Solution 1- Use Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
This solution will fix QuickBooks install error 1712 if it arises because of your Windows registry problems. It is developed with Microsoft especially to fix the errors related to installation. Let’s look at the steps you need to follow:-
- Download Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter developed by Microsoft.
- Now open the folder that has the downloaded file and double click on MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.metafile.
- Click on the Advanced button on the program window.
- Tick Mark the Apply repairs automatically box and then tap on Next.
- Click on Installing and then choose QuickBooks from your program list.
- Tap on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the repair process.
- Now try to reinstall QuickBooks after the repair process is completed.
Solution 2- Use Quick Fix my Program from QB Tool Hub
Quick Fix my Program helps in repairing damaged QuickBooks files. You can find it from QuickBooks Tool Hub. Prior to QBD 2018, users had to download the stand-alone application version of QuickBooks. It was integrated within the QB application from QBD 2018 version. You need to follow these steps to fix it:-
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on Programs Problems.
- Then choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Now try to install QuickBooks again.
Also Read :QuickBooks Not Working After Windows Update
Solution 3- Update QuickBooks Desktop
Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application is also one reason for QuickBooks install error 1712. Follow these steps to update your Windows:-
- Press the Windows Start button.
- Click on the Settings button and choose Update & Security.
- Now click on Windows Update and tap Check for Updates.
- Your system will start searching and show an option to ‘Download and Install now’ if the update is available. Tap on it.
- Try to install QB again after the installation process is over.
So now we hope you know what you need to do if you run into Error 1712 When Installing QuickBooks. If you still have some doubts or are stuck somewhere, reach out to our experts at +1(855)-856-0053, and they will guide you in a better manner.