You come up with the following trigger message, “An error occurred. Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Reinstall QuickBooks and try again” when you encounter the QuickBooks error 6010. In such a case, you need to install your QuickBooks Desktop again. In this article, we have focused on the matter in brief and provided some useful debugging methods to fix it appropriately. Go through the blog entirely to understand it thoroughly. In addition, we have also explained the reasons that give rise to such an issue.
If you have any queries related to the QuickBooks installation error 6010, dial to speak to one of the experts through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891
What Provokes the Installation Error Message 6010 in QuickBooks?
Are you wondering what could be the reason behind the issue? Refer to the reasons we have enlisted below-
- You can come across the installation issue if the network data file or the transaction log file has been corrupted or severely damaged.
- Another possibility for incurring the problem could be the location of the QuickBooks file. You might require to change the location of the file.
How to Permanently Get Rid of the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6010?
If you are looking for effective methods to remove the issue accurately, then make sure to have a look at the troubleshooting methods we have explained further here-
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error OL 221
SOLUTION 1: Edit the Transaction Log and Network Data Files to Repair the Glitch
- In the very beginning, you must go to the folder where the company file has been stored.
- Now, in the folder, search for two files containing the .TLG and .ND extensions.
- Moreover, both files will have the exact similar name as your QuickBooks company file.
- After you successfully find both files, right-click on any one file and tap on the ‘Rename’ option.
- Next, you are required to change its name by adding .OLD at the extreme end of the file name.
- After you rename, press the ‘Enter’ key to save the new changes.
- By following the same set of instructions, you must change the name of the other file.
- In the end, close the folder and try to install the QuickBooks Desktop again.
SOLUTION 2: Follow the Process of Copying and Pasting Your QuickBooks Application File on the Windows Desktop
- First of all, from the Windows desktop, navigate to the folder where you have saved your company file.
- Now, in the folder, look for the file consisting of the .QBW extension.
- Once you locate the file, right-click on it and tap on the ‘Copy’ option.
- In the next step, move back to the Windows desktop and then right-click on a blank area.
- After that, you are required to hit the ‘Paste’ option to save a copy of your file on the desktop.
- Further, keep holding the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-click on the QuickBooks icon to get access to the No Company Open screen.
- In the current window, hit ‘Open or restore an existing company’.
- Again, return to your desktop and install the QB program file from there.
We hope by now you must have removed the QuickBooks error 6010 correctly. However, you can reach out to our team of professionals by dialing our Toll-Free1.855.738.2891 for any additional assistance.