The data stored in the QuickBooks company file is precious as it contains the sensitive information a business requires to improve its productivity. Thinking about losing the company data is not less than a nightmare when no backup is present. But there might be times when users complain about receiving various company file errors due to damaged data files. As a result, it may result in QuickBooks Error 6000 832. However, if you ever got stuck with the damaged company file issue and cannot move ahead. Don’t worry!. You can repair the damages present in the company file using multiple ways. In this comprehensive guide, we have discussed all such alternatives in detail.
To obtain exceptional technical advice on how to sort QuickBooks Error 6000 832, contact our experts_. Our experts will provide you with the required assistance within the shortest amount of time.
What are the instances when users might experience data damage in a QB company file?
As we consistently feed data into the QuickBooks company file, it expands in size over time. Errors occur when data is input incorrectly or when the file is damaged for whatever reason. We’ve outlined some of the most prevalent reasons for data loss in QuickBooks below:
- QuickBooks closes unexpectedly due to a Windows power outage, causing damage to the company file.
- One of the reasons for the corruption of the company file is incorrect data entry in the list.
- Data corruption is also caused by the company file’s damaged accounts, items, and names.
- Computer infection can potentially harm a company’s file.
- An erroneous shutdown of the system may cause inaccurate data right off the main switch.
- You may experience the data damage in your current data when the sudden power-off doesn’t save your QB data.
Best approaches to deal with the damaged QuickBooks Desktop company file
Before you proceed further with repairing the data damage in the company file, ensure that you have created the backup of the file. This is so because if the file gets severely damaged for any reason, you can restore it from the backup.
Method 1:- Repair your damaged company file through the Rebuild Data tool
The Rebuild Data tool is included with QuickBooks Desktop and can be used to automatically resolve minor company file issues such as QuickBooks error 6000 832. To utilize the Rebuild data tool, you must read the directions below:
- To initiate the procedure, open the QuickBooks application and select the File menu followed by Utilities option.
- After this, tap on the Rebuild Data option and then move further.
- Opt for the Ok option from the QuickBooks Information Window that appears on your screen. After this, follow the directions displayed on the screen to save a backup successfully.
- Now, start the Rebuild data utility and let it rebuild your file. QuickBooks may become stuck while being repaired, but the tool will work if you can move your mouse.
- After you’ve completed the repair procedure, select the Ok option.
- To check your file for data errors, go back to the File menu and seek for Utilities. Choose Verify Data and run the application.
- Select OK and begin working with your company file if this tool finds no issues. You haven’t lost any data.
- Choose Rebuild Now if the tool identifies a problem with your company file.
- If you’re still having problems after rebuilding your company file, try rebuilding it again. If you found that your first rebuild effort took more than 2 hours, you should contact QuickBooks support.
Method 2:- Repair your damaged company file through the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is a great tool designed by Intuit to repair the damage or corruption in the company file. But to run this tool, you must have the currently released version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system. After downloading, double-click the downloaded Tool Hub setup file and follow the on-screen directions to install it on your machine. Following that, follow the instructions below to use the File Doctor tool.
- Choose the Company File Issues tab in the Tool Hub.
- Select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option after that.
- Additionally, from the drop-down option, pick your company file. If you can’t seem to find your file, go to Browse and search for it.
- Select the option to check your file and then select Continue.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password when required, then click Next.
Note:- The amount of time it takes to scan your files is determined by their size. It can take up to 5 minutes in most circumstances. Open QuickBooks and your company file after the scan is complete. Even if the scan resolves your problem, it may report that it failed.
Method 3:- Rebuild your data to fix your company file manually.
If you are convenient in resolving the errors manually, you can identify the errors you can address from the Verify Results window. Before you begin, don’t forget to make a backup of your company file and then follow the steps below:
- Select the File menu, opt for the Utilities, and then choose Verify Data in the initial stage.
- After this, you must allow the tool to check your file for data issues.
- To see the errors, pick Expand All from the Verify Results screen.
- Select See Online Article to learn how to fix the problem. If there isn’t an article for the error, contact support for assistance in resolving the damaged company file.
Wrapping It Up!!
This article aided you in understanding the causes of a corrupted QB company file. Also, it mentioned the steps that you might attempt to repair a corrupt QuickBooks file to recover it. Furthermore, we discussed the steps you can take to avoid a company file from becoming corrupted and thus help in resolving QuickBooks Error 6000 832. If you’re still having trouble with the data damage in your QB firm file, call our highly qualified experts at the QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Team Helpline number +1-(855)-955-1942 and fix your problem within no time using advanced troubleshooting methods.