Are you tired due to repeated interruptions brought about by the ‘Unrecoverable Error’ while working with QuickBooks? You need not worry as this article shall apprise you with unprecedented walkways for resolving this Error.
QuickBooks is accounting software that has propelled efficiency and productivity across businesses. While leveraging the benefits offered by QuickBooks Desktop, you may encounter innumerable errors and associated technical snags which may obstruct the seamless functioning of QuickBooks Desktop. This article shall guide you with all the steps to fix ‘QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error.’ We shall also brief you on the various causes leading to this error. Make sure that you go through this article till the very end.
Reasons that contribute to QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Several potential reasons may cause the Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks Desktop. Below are enlisted prominent causes that may incite this error.
- Incomplete/Unsuccessful installation of QuickBooks updates.
- Some issues associated with your QB company file(s).
- Some of the essential components of QuickBooks got corrupted or damaged.
- Sudden system shutdown due to power outage.
- Important QuickBooks Desktop files are getting corrupted.
- You may have accidentally deleted essential QuickBooks files.
Easy Walkways to Fix the Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks
This section unravels some of the most reliable and effective solutions to uproot the ‘Unrecoverable Error’ in QuickBooks Desktop. Perform the directions provided by each of the methods very carefully and make sure that you follow the sequence.
Solution 1: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop software
Steps to Suppress the Desktop while opening QuickBooks Desktop
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- You need to keep the ‘Ctrl’ key holding until the ‘No Company Open’ window shows up.
Steps to Suppress the Desktop while opening a Company File
- Make sure to select the company file from the ‘No Company Open’
- Open the ‘No Company Open’
- Subsequently, hold the ‘Alt’ key and select ‘Open.’
- Put your finger off the ‘Alt’ key when the prompt appears asking for your login information. Then, enter your user-name and password. However, don’t release the Alt key if the prompt doesn’t appear.
- Hold the ‘Alt’ key again & select ‘OK.’ Make sure that you do not leave the ‘Alt’ key until the company file opens.
- QuickBooks will then show a blank screen.
- If you can highlight the QuickBooks menu by just moving the cursor over, your company file is completely open.
Solution 2: Open a sample file
Opening a sample company file will let you know if the ‘QuickBooks unrecoverable error’ problem is caused by your company file or QuickBooks itself. You open the sample file by conforming to following the steps listed below:
- Choose the option ‘Open a sample file’ from the ‘No Company Open’
- Choose any sample file from the list.
- Perform the walkthrough given below to copy the file to some different location:
- Right-click on the Desktop, select ‘New,’ followed by ‘Folder.’
- Name this folder as ‘QBTEST.’
- Access the folder where you saved the company file.
- Right-click the file and select ‘Copy.’
- Paste the file into the ‘QBTEST’
- Open the file.
- If you are able to open the sample file, it indicates that the company file or the folder containing your company file is damaged. Thus, you must try to copy your file to a different location.
- If the error in QuickBooks Desktop continues to occur, restore the file by using the recent backup.
- If the error still stands tall, jump to the next solution.
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Tool hub’s ‘Quick Fix my Program’ Feature.
- Download & install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Choose ‘Program Problems’ after launching the tool hub.
- Choose ‘Quick Fix my Program.’
- If any error is identified, fix it instantly and restart your system.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to see if the snag got fixed.
Solution 4: Use Reboot.bat File
- Head to the location where your QuickBooks software has been installed. You reach the location by Right-clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon and selecting ‘Open File location.’
- Once you are in the QuickBooks files folder, locate the ‘Reboot.bat’ file and right-click on it.
- Choose ‘Run as admin.’
- Wait for the file to execute.
- Reboot the system and check if the ‘Unrecoverable Error’ got fixed.
Solution 5: Create a new Admin
Creating a new Admin user may uproot the ‘QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error.’ Different operating systems require a different procedure for creating a new Admin user. Below are mentioned easy steps corresponding to different Operating systems for creating a new Administrator.
Steps for Windows 8.1
- Press the ‘Win + R’ short-key to open the ‘Run’ box
- Type ‘Control Panel.’ And click on ‘OK.’
- Head to ‘User Accounts.’
- Go to ‘Manage another Account.’
- Select ‘other accounts tab’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Add an account.’
- Choose ‘Sign in without logging in using your Microsoft account.’
- Make sure the ‘local account’ tab is selected.
- Enter your username & password correctly.
- Hit ‘Next.’
- A new window called ‘Manage Other Accounts’ will appear when you’ve completed all of the steps.
- After that, choose the newly created account.
- Select the ‘Edit’
- Select the ‘admin’ tab in the following step.
- Hit ‘OK‘ tab.
Windows 8 and 7
- Press the Win + R keys together to open the Run window.
- In the field, type ‘Control Panel.’
- Press the ‘OK’
- Click on the ‘User accounts’
- Next, select ‘Manage Another Account.’
- Select ‘Create New Account’ from the other tab.
- Type in the new account’s name.
- Click on the Administrator
- Finally, select the ‘Create Account tab.’
- The first step is to select the ‘Start’ option from the menu.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings.’
- Next, choose ‘Accounts.’
- From the drop-down menu, select the ‘Family and other users ‘ option.
- Navigate to ‘Add someone else to this computer’ in the following step.
- It’s located under the ‘other users’
- Select the ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information’
- ‘Add a user using a Microsoft Account ‘ is the next step.
- Continue to the following stage and give your new account a new name.
- Select the ‘Finish’
- Create a password that will keep you safe and secure.
- Go to the account that was just created.
- Next, select the ‘Account type’
- Go to the ‘administrator’ tab once you’ve finished the procedure.
- Hit ‘OK.’
- Check if the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error got resolved.
Solution 6: Copy the QuickBooks file to Your Desktop
- Go to the folder where QuickBooks Desktop is installed.
- Locate the file with the ‘.qbw’ extension in the ‘Search’
- Copy your company file with the ‘.qbw’ extension and paste it onto your Desktop.
- After that, run the software by pressing the ‘Ctrl’
- Now a window titled ‘No Company Open’ will appear.
- Click on the ‘Open’ button and browse to the file you used to save the company file.
Solution 7: Resolve the Error Manually
Step 1: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Follow the procedures below to repair the software:
- Access ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Start’
- Move to ‘Programs and Features.’
- Locate and select the ‘QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click on ‘Uninstall/Change.’
- Select ‘Repair.’
- Wait until the repair process concludes. Once done, restart QuickBooks and check to see if the error got fixed.
Step 2: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download & Install QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Once done, open the tool and run the diagnosis.
- Use the tool to fix any error(s) if identified.
- Restart QuickBooks.
Step 3: Reinstall the Microsoft.NET framework.
- Uninstall the Microsoft .NET framework from ‘Control Panel.’
- Subsequently, install the framework afresh from the official website of Microsoft.
- Reboot your PC.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to see if the error got vanished.
You may also read : How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 or 6000, 106?
We hope the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in this article showed you the ways to fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. If you got stuck while performing any of the mentioned solutions, we recommend that you get in immediate touch with our QuickBooks enterprise error support Team via toll-free 1-800-761-1787.
Our team shall make sure that all your difficulties get eased out. We are available 24/7 to get all your QuickBooks-related queries sorted out.