In today’s digitized world, the website is the only tool that represents your business and brand. Entrepreneurs can reflect their character and persona to the world through an effective website designing.
This is what makes properly-planned website creation and maintenance important. Developing and maintaining a well-organized website not only keeps your business relevant but also helps you to establish an informative online presence.
Also, a website design can either lead your business to success or damage it. This is why when considering a web design Sydney, one must adhere to the 5 golden rules to ensure it uniquely projects your business.
The Most-Popular 5 Golden Rules that Determine the Success of your Web Designing
Now that you know the importance of maintaining a professionally designed website, it pays to learn about the five golden rules for web designing.
Every Aspect of Web Design Should Focus on a Good Purpose
For a website to operate seamlessly and successfully, it must be built on a purpose. However, spreading the word about your business and telling people about your business isn’t a good enough purpose. The purpose behind a web design should boil down to the purpose of the website. Your project will only succeed and proceed to the next step when your purpose is specific.
Every page that you create must focus on a unified purpose that your overall website follows. Every content that you add and each design element must focus on the overall purpose. Websites that lack planning, focus and objective lead to nowhere.
2) Your Website Should Be User-Friendly
A user-friendly website is extremely important to help your visitors navigate your site. Hard-to-navigate websites can make it a frustrating experience for the visitors, eventually leading them to quit your site. It isn’t an easy task to attract visitors to your website and retain them.
An effective eCommerce web development team can help you to create custom-made drop-down menus. This will make it easier for the visitors to discover what they are searching for with a handful of clicks.
More so, the visitors can also access these menu items from other site pages. This means the visitors can move to their different areas of interest with a couple of mouse clicks and some minimal effort. The less effort your visitors put into navigating your website, the easier it will become to retain them.
3) The Domain Name Should be Easy-to-Spell
Website owners often end up creating difficult-to-pronounce and hard-to-remember domain names. The domain name should not be hard to remember but rather easy to spell. When selecting a domain name for your website, make sure of this factor. When you include shorter names, it becomes easier for your visitors to type them and find you through them. You can also stand out with easy-to-read domain names. Also, you wouldn’t want your consumers to remember your domain name at the drop of a hat and type them without making any errors.
4) Always Count on Visual Hierarchy
Every visitor that visits your website comes with a specific purpose. While one visitor might be searching for your location, the other wants to check out your newest-arrival section. Visual hierarchy is what you need to help them navigate your website and give them a walk-through of the design elements. One can include visual hierarchy in different ways however, the common ones are given below:
- Typography: Typography is the most clear-cut way of introducing visual hierarchy. Consider bigger and bolder texts and use adequate space in between. You can even use italic texts or think of underlining the important parts.
- Colour: Bright colours are known to attract better attention than subtle and dull ones. Avoid maintaining the same colour on your important buttons like your website background. Rather think of using contrasting colours to help them stand out.
- Repetition: Repetition of a certain style denotes that the content is either related or similar. Consider a blog page with all similar entries. Every entry’s design comprises a banner and text, a title followed by a snippet of content, ensuring a complete understanding of the blog entries for the visitors.
- Proximity: When you are thinking to place specific elements either nearby or in the group, people will consider them as related. This is considered the gestalt law of proximity.
- White Space: You can think of adding white space instead of elements placement in proximity. Adding white space will help the elements easily distinguishable. White space is deemed integral for website design and eCommerce web development.
5) Perform an Organized Planning for Site Navigation
While applying visual hierarchy is important, it isn’t the sole way of guiding them to your website. Think and assume your visitor’s movement by making careful choices when designing the website. This proves crucial in guiding them to the right path and making their overall experience smooth.
- Your Important Design Components Should Be Above the Fold
Your integral design elements should be above the fold. Make sure to maintain simplicity. Select a single focus and a product. Above the fold denotes the space that is easily seen by the visitors when they scroll down or click on something.
An ideal web designer prioritizes important elements of the page and keeps them above the fold. The space above the fold gets maximum attention and readership from the visitors.
- Motivate Your Visitors to Scroll
While it is important to keep the crucial design elements above the fold, it isn’t wise to only focus on the site’s top-most part during eCommerce web development. Another significant aspect that ensures a good user experience is scrolling. You would require more space beyond the above fold to narrate your store and display your brand.
- Wireframing to Get a Detailed Idea of Web Designing
The wireframe is a way to assist in website structuring to ensure a better user experience. Wireframes are simplistic visuals created by web designers to determine the information hierarchy before getting on to the visual web design procedure. Consider wireframes as the blueprint of your website. They comprise the boxes and lines and help you to place the content and visual design elements accordingly.
Always outsource your website design to an experienced and skilled website designer. After reading this blog, you might have understood that website design’s success doesn’t always rely on a visual appearance but also the user experience. Creating a smooth user experience will help you win and attract potential target audiences for your brand.