For most new homeowners, the most important question to hit the head is whether or not to invest in a sprinkler or drip irrigation system. Sure enough, while being the most convenient and affordable option of landscape care, having a hi-tech irrigation system installed by a professional irrigation company in Jacksonville, FL, can go together with steep upfront costs. The right time to do it is before the completion of landscaping. Moreover, it is crucial to research the benefits and drawbacks of having an irrigation system before investing.
Should or Shouldn’t You Install A Sprinkler System
A lush green garden and awe-inspiring landscaping add beauty and value to any property. In today’s fast-paced lifestyle, most homeowners are looking for low-maintenance landscaping. Over and above, watering each nook and cranny of the garden can be time-consuming and ineffective if not done properly. An irrigation system is ideal for any home or office since it takes the stress out of watering. Pulling a garden hose everywhere across the yard is tiresome. However, a sprinkler irrigation system is a great option for water-saving, comfort, and efficiency.
Like any big investment, irrigation sprinkler systems also have some benefits and drawbacks you should consider before making a choice.
Benefits of installing a sprinkler system
Is it worth installing a sprinkler system? Before you determine whether an irrigation system is good for your garden, consider reviewing the benefits of installing a sprinkler system.
- Convenience – Once you winterize your sprinkler system, it will allow you the convenience of watering your lawns. Pulling a garden hose pipe all around the garden manually and watering the greens takes precise planning and time. You can schedule a precise time and duration based on the garden’s irrigation requirement. You can also invest in an automated sprinkler system for ease of use. You can conveniently control these automated systems through a smartphone app.
- Healthy lush green garden – Your garden will need a precise amount of watering based on your surroundings’ climate and soil conditions. Excessive or insufficient watering can wreck your garden. With an automatic sprinkler system, you can ensure that your garden gets an appropriate amount of water with minimal waste.
- Environmentally safe – A sprinkler system helps you lower the water consumption in your lawn or garden. A well-planned irrigation system will help you prevent costly overspills of water. When used correctly, the environmentally friendly irrigation systems will reduce water waste and saves you money on utility bills.
- Resale value – You might enjoy working in your yard, but not everyone would love it. If you plan to sell your house, most potential buyers will want a yard that is easy to maintain. However, an expertly installed sprinkler irrigation system is a good investment, particularly if you own a huge property.
Drawbacks of installing a sprinkler system
Before you invest, it is vital to evaluate all aspects of the sprinkler irrigation system, including drawbacks.
- Big bucks – Your garden size and the features you want will affect the installation costs of your sprinkler irrigation system. You might need to dig up portions of your garden to fix the system components and joint the system to your residential plumbing. Once the installation work is done, you will need to work on repairing the landscaping. However, from digging the ground to repairing the garden, the entire process can cost good money.
- Excessive watering – The Fix-It-And-Forget-It approach is inappropriate after installing the sprinkler system. This thought can cause overwatering, which can damage your garden. If you live in a heavy rain city, you need to adjust your sprinkler system. If you don’t adjust the sprinkler, you can overwater the lawn. Too much water is not good for the greens and your utility bills. Fortunately, water sensors are a good option to prevent overwatering.
- Repairs – Your sprinkler head can mismanage over time and starts sprinkling water in the wrong directions. Moreover, leakages, pooling, and soggy spots are also likely to happen. Some minor adjustments and repairs can resolve these issues. Furthermore, moles, gophers, and voles can also damage your yard and spoil your inground sprinkler system. Based on the type of damage, the repairing charges can go high. However, it is essential to control the underground pests.
- Maintenance – Seasonal maintenance is crucial to avoid possible water and freezing damages. This task is suitable for a DIY process. Still, due to a lack of knowledge and equipment, you might need to hire professionals for periodic maintenance, which will cost additional dollars.
Should you opt for a DIY installation process or call professionals?
An appropriately installed sprinkler irrigation system is a smart investment and can make landscaping more economical and easy. The DIY approach might tempt you to save money. But, it is only viable based on your expertise, skills, and garden size. Besides, the quality of the elements and installation can significantly impact the durability of your lawn sprinkler irrigation system.
Various DIY systems are available, including online tutorials, but installing the system is not that easy. Getting the job done right takes rigorous planning, accurate measurements, and thorough attention to each crucial factor like sprinkler patterns. A sprinkler system consists of pipes, valves, drains, sprinkler heads, electronic components, and backflow preventers. However, hiring a professional irrigation company in Jacksonville, FL, is ideal if you lack knowledge and equipment or don’t feel comfortable doing the process. A professional installer will quickly end the process and ensure that the job is done correctly, covering all the components with a warranty.
Planning and knowledge are key to choosing an effective irrigation sprinkler system. A professional irrigation company will design a plan based on your garden layout, taking into account the topography, soil type, water pressure needs, and various other factors. If you are looking to explore the benefits of an irrigation sprinkler system, a professional company is the best option to schedule an appointment.