Gone are the times when businesses only had to rely on phone calls and emails to connect with customers, team members, or stakeholders. Instant messaging platforms have taken over business communication.
As per research, more than 3 billion people have used messaging apps in 2021. No wonder it’s time for businesses to leverage the power of instant messaging.
In this article, we will discuss top 9 Instant messaging software and applications that are currently ruling the market. Stay with us and read on.
What is an instant messaging platform?
An instant messaging platform can be defined as an application that enables users to communicate with each other in real-time. It allows them to exchange texts, audio, video, images, and all other forms of media. Be it a small, medium, or large enterprise, all businesses have started utilizing instant messaging apps to conduct interactions.
Considering the importance of instant messaging platforms, let’s elaborate on some of the best ones.
1. CONTUS MirrorFly – Instant messaging made faster
CONTUS MirrorFly is a top instant messaging platform that offers 150+ chat features and can help you achieve better business outcomes. MirrorFly has 1B+ concurrent users and 99.999% uptime SLA. MirrorFly’s powerful chat solution is built by a team of dedicated in-house developers.
- Peer to peer communication and smart replies from any device.
- Proactive chat
- SIP and VoIP calling.
- Screen sharing and digital whiteboards
- Unlimited message broadcasting
- Secure file transfer
- MirrorFly offers a free trial for 21 days. Custom pricing is available for unlimited scalability and complete ownership.
2. Skype – A Microsoft division
Skype was acquired by Microsoft in 2011. It is a top team messaging app that has around 34 million unique global visitors as of February 2022. Skype is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, Kindle, Fire, and Xbox One.
- Unlimited audio calls without any limitations.
- SMS and landline calling available.
- Call forwarding and chat history backup.
- Video call with 100 people at a time.
- Screen sharing, whiteboard, video recording, personalized meeting URLs, and much more.
- Available for free download.
- $2 per user/month for businesses.
3. ProofHub – All-in-one team collaboration app
85,000+ teams and businesses worldwide have leveraged ProofHub. It is packed with all the crucial functionalities that your team needs to collaborate, organize, and deliver projects on time.
- @Mention functionality to grab team and client attention and loop them in discussions.
- Centralized files and documents.
- One-on-one and group chats.
- Multiple language options including, English, French, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese(Taiwan), Dutch, Turkish, and German.
- One free trial and $45 per month.
4. Slack – Team chat app developed for workspace
Slack is an instant messaging software designed specifically for business communication. It helps companies align their teams, unify their systems, and drive business interactions forward. The best part about Slack is that it is compatible with all kinds of devices.
- One-on-one and group messaging and calling.
- In-built video calling.
- Document editing and sharing.
- Integration with different tools and services including, Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more.
- Chat archiving and indexing.
- Customized notifications.
- Freemium version available and limited to 10K messages. Standard and Plus plans are available too.
5. Brosix – Instant messaging platform for enterprises of all sizes
Brosix was launched back in 2006. It is compatible with Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and web. Brosix has a robust security system and provides you with comprehensive administrative control.
- In-built voice and video functionalities.
- Screen share and whiteboard.
- Message broadcasting for better targeting.
- Unlimited file transfer.
- $4 per month for businesses.
6. Google Hangouts – Cross-platform instant messaging platform
Google Hangouts, now known as Google Meet, enables real-time meetings with team and clients. It is trusted by enterprises around the world, thanks to its secured infrastructure. Google Meet is integrated well with Google Workspace.
- Integration with Gmail to support threaded messages.
- Group conferencing with screen sharing and recording options.
- Chat option during video calls.
- Video broadcasting and live seminars.
- 14 days free trial available.
7. Flock – A go-to collaboration solution
Flock is an instant messaging platform that was launched in 2014. It is available on Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Web. Flock can easily integrate with Google Drive, Trello, Dropbox, Twitter, and more.
- Chat channels
- Direct messaging
- Group messaging
- Threaded replies
- Alerts and notifications
- Free use upto 10K messages. Custom plans are available for enterprises.
8. Ryver – A popular team communication app
Ryver helps you organize all your collaboration within a single app. From team communication and task management to workflow automation, Ryver covers it all. You can easily integrate it with popular tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, and others.
- Group messaging with unlimited chat and topics.
- Unlimited file sharing.
- Unlimited calling with upto 5 users/call.
- Video call with screen sharing.
- Starter plan would cost you $69/month.
- standard pack is $129/month while for medium pack, it is $4.67/user. Also, there’s a separate exclusive plan for enterprises.
9. Wrike – Powerful instant messaging software
Wrike is trusted by 20,000+ happy customers worldwide. It enables you to collaborate with your team members, share work updates, and much more. Wrike empowers businesses to remove all kinds of communication barriers, find better clarity, and exceed business objectives.
- Real-time commenting and notifications.
- Live editing.
- Real-time report sharing.
- Integration with different tools like Google, Microsoft, GitHub, JIRA, and many more.
- Wrike has different types of subscription plans. It is available for free for upto 5 users. For professional fast growing teams, it is $9.80 per user or month. If you want the software for all teams across the organization, the price is $24.80 per user or month. Wrike offers custom pricing for large enterprises.
We hope our article helped you gain a fair idea of the top instant messaging platforms in the market. So, wait no more! Take inspiration from their best functionalities and build a chat app for your business. Happy interactions to you and your team.