If you are thinking about how to perform Lotus Notes database to Microsoft 365 migration without wasting time and extra effort? Then, you are at the right place. Today we will discuss how to upload Lotus Notes NSF file to Office 365 cloud account.
As everyone, know that Lotus Notes and Office 365 both are the most popular and widely used email clients. Before starting the process Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration, we need to know about both email clients. In the article, we will explain the manual method and then automated professional solution for this conversion task.
Introduction to Lotus Notes and Office 365
IBM Lotus Notes is the famous and widely used email client, developed by IBM Company in 1989 and was bought by IBM Community in 1995. Lotus Notes email application is very useful email server because of its email management system and database security technology. It saves his entire user mailbox items in NSF file formats.
Office 365 – Microsoft Office 365 is the cloud email services that is developed by Microsoft. It saves the user’s data in cloud and the best thing of the Office 365 is that it easily uses in any device without any issue. It offers much more features and advanced security to secure the database of the users. For that reasons all the users moving their email systems from another client like Lotus Notes to Office 365 for the benefits of low cost and high efficiency.
How to Move HCL Notes Data to Office 365 Manually?
There are a few known techniques available using which you can change your Lotus Notes NSF files in your Office 365 cloud account. Here, we will first start with the IMAP Connector.
Steps to Migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 using IMAP Connector
One can export Lotus Notes NSF file to M365 with the help of IMAP connector. Below are the steps to complete this conversion:
Stage1:- Backup NSF Files
Before starting the process, first, you need to back up all NSF files. There are chances that your files may damaged and corrupt during the migration. By creating a backup, you can recover your data items.
Stege2:- Create New Mailboxes for Every NSF User
Now, create new mailboxes for every user having account HCL Lotus Notes.
Stage3:- Enable IMAP TCP/IP Port
- Enable IMAP TCP/IP Port for every account. Follow the steps for same –
- In the IBM Notes application, open the Domino Administrator.
- Move to the Configuration
- Implement the IMAP service by opening the server document.
- Follow Port>>Internet Ports>>Mail
- Then, from the mail section, enable the TCP/IP port value status.
- Finally click on save button, save the changes.
Stage4:- Sync with IMAP Connector
Use IMAP connector to synchronize mailbox data of Lotus Notes to Office 365
Drawbacks of Manual Techniques
- Proxy and Firewall: HCL Notes’ active firewall and Proxy Server can block the internet connection.
- Manual entries: The toughest thing you have to do is manual migration of Calendar entries, as the IMAP connector cannot migrate calendar entries.
- File size limit: The IMAP connector just migrates the online data of Lotus Notes to Office 365. There is a limit on file size and move NSF files of up to 1 GB.
- Difficult procedure: The IMAP needs a high-level technical setup for the method. Users need to apply several filters that are difficult and quite expensive too.
- Human-Error: In manual conversion, the chances of human error are very high. A single mistake can loss the complete conversion process.
Directly Perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration with CubexSoft NSF to Office 365 Conversion Tool
Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool is a perfect utility to move Domino or IBM Notes mailboxes to Office 365 cloud account. It enables to export emails, contacts, and calendars from single or multiple NSF files to the desired Office 365 cloud platform. It provides multiple advanced functionalities to effortlessly perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process without any data loss. This software also supports various formats such as; Outlook PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, MSG, DOC, Office 365, Gmail, G Suite, Exchange Server, IMAP, and many more. It allow users to batch migrate Lotus Notes NSF file to Office 365 account without any data loss. It is a user-friendly application by which any novice user can easily handle the software and convert their multiple HCL Notes NSF file to M365 account.
Steps to Export Lotus Notes NSF File to Microsoft Office 365
- Open & Start CubexSoft NSF to Office 365 software on your Machine
- Browse the Lotus Notes NSF file from your system by clicking Add Files button.
- Check a preview all selected files that you want to convert and Click on Export button.
- Select Office 365 as a saving option from the drop-down list.
- Enter login details of your Microsoft Office 365 account.
- Tap to the Convert button to perform the migration process.
- Finally, your HCL Notes to Office 365 migration process is completed
In this write-up, we have discussed a complete solution of how to perform Lotus Notes database to Microsoft Office 365 migration process using the IMAP connector and automated software i.e. NSF to Office 365 Converter Tool. I hope this blog is helpful for you in performing the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process using CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter.